Established in 2007, the Wimauma Village Community Plan was updated in 2021. The update resulted in the adoption of design standards to create harmonious neighborhoods in the Wimauma Village Residential-2 (WVR-2) land use, support redevelopment in Wimauma’s Downtown District, and re-prioritization of the community’s goals.
- Enhance Wimauma’s public realm and improve infrastructure.
- Education – provide educational opportunities for all.
- Revitalize the downtown by implementing the Wimauma Downtown Plan and overlay.
- Business and economic development – provide opportunities for growth and jobs.
- Encourage affordable housing and neighborhoods to accommodate a diverse population.
- Multi-modal transportation and connectivity – promote a balanced network that reflects the community’s character.
- Parks, recreation, and conservation – protect and enhance Wimauma’s natural environment.
- Health, wellness, and safety – create a safer environment for the Wimauma Community.
- Implement the new Community Benefits incentive within the Wimauma Village Residential-2 (WVR-2) land use area.