May 2022 – A draft of the 2022/23 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is ready for the public to review, and the TPO Board will consider it for approval at a public hearing in June.
The TIP includes three important lists detailing existing priority projects that are already funded, projects that are candidates for new funding, and all projects that will receive funding in the next five years.
Projects that receive new funding in this year’s TIP update include:
- HART bus, fleet, and bus stop replacement
- Repavement and repairs to roads and bridges
- Widening of US 92 at McIntosh Road from two to four lanes
- Rail crossing and intersection safety improvements
- Tampa International Airport shuttle car and system replacement
- The Heights Mobility Project to improve drainage, roads, sidewalks, and add a transit lane
- Reconstruction of the I-75 interchange at Fowler Ave which includes lane additions
- Lane addition on I-4 from Fritzke Road to Branch Forbes Road
- The Westshore Interchange Early Works project to add lanes on SR 60 from Kennedy Blvd. to Spruce Ave. and improve the Veterans Expressway ramp
- Safety enhancements to George Road from Dana Shores Drive to Town N Country Blvd., Fowler Ave. from 56th St to I-75, and Busch Blvd. from Dale Mabry Highway to Nebraska Ave.
New projects that the TPO will consider making a priority for future funding include safety enhancements to 16 roads throughout the County, traffic signal replacement in Downtown Tampa and several other intersections, new greenway/trails walk and bike connections, rehabilitation of the Brorein St. Bridge, repair of the Cass St Bridge, and support of the Cross Bay Ferry Service.
Tell us what you think!
Community feedback plays a crucial role in the Board’s consideration of the TIP. If you live in or travel through Hillsborough County, and you are interested in helping the TPO improve transportation in the area, please visit planhillsborough.org/transportation-improvement-program-tip/ to view more details about the projects in the TIP and leave a comment. The TPO is also accepting comments on its Facebook page and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Johnny Wong, Ph.D. at email@example.com or 813-699-7370.