Mobility Section Update for the Tampa Comprehensive Plan
The Mobility Section updates and modernizes mobility-related language and maps in the City of Tampa Comprehensive Plan. The Section has five main goals, including language on the following topics: multimodal options; economic vitality; sustainability, resilience, and health; equity; and safety.
The Section provides an overarching framework for mobility-related City initiatives. The Mobility Section’s role is to improve citizens’ ability to get to the places they need to go in an equitable and safe way, regardless of mode choice.
The language was developed via a cooperative effort with staff from across the City of Tampa government and incorporates feedback from stakeholders.
- Development of draft language
- Collaborative development process with City staff, stakeholders
- Began fall 2021
- Public and stakeholder review and comment open
- Open until July 7
- Recommendation and transmittal
- July 10 Planning Commission Briefing
- August 14 Planning Commission Hearing
- Late August/early September City Council Transmittal Hearing (TBD)
- Amendment adoption
- Check back soon
Submit a public comment on the draft Mobility Section language below.
Presentations on the Mobility Section can be made to individual associations or stakeholder groups upon request and pending staff availability. Please contact the staff leads listed in the Contact box at the bottom of the page.
Sign up to receive email updates on this project.
Meetings will be posted here as they are scheduled.
- Public and Stakeholder Presentations and Comments
- Planning Commission Briefing and Public Hearing
- City of Tampa Transmittal Public Hearing
Mobility Section Crosswalk Adopted in Order
Past Presentations & Events
June 6, 2023, Public Meeting Recording (YouTube)