City of Tampa 2025 Comprehensive Plan
Disclaimer: This plan is only applicable through Feb 19, 2016. As of Feb 20, 2016, the Imagine 2040 Tampa Comprehensive Plan should referenced for findings of consistency.
- Tampa CP : Chapter 1: Livability and Choice (with Forward and Table of Contents) - The plan provides a framework for a Livable future and a strategy for directing growth in the City of Tampa over the next 20 years. It recognizes that as a city approaching build-out, Tampa’s future is about rebuilding and urbanizing, about “growing up” because we have limited opportunities to grow out. It is not a...
- Tampa CP : Chapter 2: The Livable City Vision: Strategies that get us ready for Change - The seven strategies expressed in this Chapter, work towards shaping the city and future involve steering growth and change to specific parts of the city while strengthening and protecting our residential neighborhoods from development pressures. The Livable City Strategies work together to realize fiscal efficiencies for the City of Tampa and other funding agencies and...
- Tampa CP : Chapter 3: Structuring Growth for Livability: Urban Design and Land Use - The growth management strategy established in this Plan focuses on establishing sustainable and livable environments in areas with diverse needs. This will require sustained efforts to improve the mix of land uses. The sustainability and livability of Tampa’s city form relating to future growth and further redevelopment relies heavily on the natural evolution of all...
- Tampa CP : Chapter 4: Building Sustainable Neighborhoods - Tampa is a City of neighborhoods and residents treasure their neighborhoods. Throughout the City, residents are very protective of the quality of life in their neighborhoods, which accounts both for the pride that is everywhere evident. Chapter 4: Building Sustainable Neighborhoods
- Tampa CP : Chapter 5: Sustainable Environment - This Chapter includes the Conservation and Coastal Management Elements required by State Law. These elements are consistent with the vision for the comprehensive plan, fostering a more sustainable and livable Tampa for current and future residents. Chapter 5: Sustainable Environment
- Tampa CP : Chapter 6: Sustainable Infrastructure - This Chapter includes the Mobility, Potable Water, Wastewater, Stormwater Management, Solid Waste and Capital Improvements Elements required by State Law. These elements are consistent with the vision for the comprehensive plan, elements, fostering a more sustainable and livable Tampa for current and future residents. Chapter 6: Sustainable Infrastructure
- Tampa CP : Chapter 7: A Vibrant Economy - During the extensive public participation process undertaken as part of the Tampa Comprehensive Plan Update, citizens clearly expressed as their vision for the City – a diverse, equitable and vibrant economy – and their desire for goals, objectives and policies that promote prosperity are expressed here. Chapter 7: A Vibrant Economy
- Tampa CP : Chapter 8: People Shaping, Changing and Growing Our City - This chapter of the plan deals with empowerment; empowering individual and groups of people to become active in addressing the issues that affect them the most, whether at a neighborhood level or a broader community level. Chapter 8: People Shaping, Changing and Growing Our City
- Tampa CP : Chapter 9: Plan Administration - No land development regulation nor land development code nor amendment shall be adopted by the Tampa City Council until such regulation, code or amendment has been referred to the Local Planning Agency for review and recommendation as to the relationship of such proposal to the adopted Comprehensive Plan. Chapter 9: Plan Administration
- Tampa Comprehensive Plan Definitions - The definitions are included to aid users of this comprehensive plan to better understand the use of terms within the comprehensive plan. They shall not be construed or used to counter or replace other descriptions or use of these terms within the text or goals, objectives, and policies of the comprehensive plan or maps, tables,...
- Tampa Comprehensive Plan Adopted Future Land Use Map - Tampa Comprehensive Plan Adopted Future Land Use Map