January 2022 – Did you know that between 2010 and 2020, one in four new residents of Hillsborough County moved to the City of Tampa? As required by state law and the City of Tampa’s Charter, the Planning Commission keeps up with this growth by evaluating the City of Tampa’s individual city council district boundaries.
Every four years the boundaries for council districts 4, 5, 6, and 7 are evaluated against the “latest published official census figures” to estimate their respective populations. We do this to ensure Tampa’s residents continue to be accurately represented when they vote for their city council.
Want to learn more about the process? Join us at any of the public open houses listed below.
Thursday | 01.20.22 | 5–8pm | Forest Hills Elementary School in the Media Center | 10112 N Ola Ave | Tampa 33612
Saturday | 01.22.22 | 9–11am | Virtual Open House | Register:
Monday | 01.24.22 | 5–8pm | C Blythe Andrews, Jr Public Library in Community Room A | 2607 E Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd | Tampa 33610
Saturday | 01.29.22 | 9–11am | Virtual Open House | Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYlfuGqrj8rH9HNd2GG9FCJEFV3UDI3m7xw
Monday | 01.31.22 | 5–8pm | Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library in the Conference Room | 3910 S Manhattan Ave | Tampa 33611
Tuesday | 02.08.22 | 5–8pm | Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library in the Conference Room | 3910 S Manhattan Ave | Tampa 33611
To learn more or send us feedback, please:
- Visit our website for more information or to view Open House materials for discussion: planhillsborough.org/redistricting
- Invite Planning Commission staff to speak about the process to your organization or group
- Participate in an upcoming in-person or virtual Open House in January and February
- Participate in the two public hearings to be hosted by the Planning Commission in Spring 2022
- Share this information with your neighbors, co-workers, family, and friends to help us spread the word!
- Kindly send us your questions, comments, or speaking invitations to Yassert Gonzalez at: 813.582.7356 or email@example.com